We are currently searching for our next head of school! Read below to see if you're a great fit and if so, apply!
Montessori Private Academy (MPA) is located in Rockford, Illinois, one of the 15 best places to move according to Reader’s Digest. The school was formed in 1983 by motivated parents and now is the only fully accredited Montessori program in the Rockford region with 100-200 students from age 2 through 9th grade attending each year. Our 3+ acre campus, built in 2008, is located close to I-90 and bypass 20, enabling easy commutes to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, and draws students from a variety of neighboring communities. We have an engaged parent community and strong staff made up of teachers, assistants and office personnel and are looking for a head of school to lead us into the next chapter of the school’s history!
You excel at bringing people together and have an innate ability to envision what could be and have the drive and wherewithal to make it happen. You have experience finding and retaining an awesome staff and helping to develop and implement end-to-end curriculum with a teaching staff. You inspire others to be the best they can be and easily engage and communicate with many different types of people. You are a great listener and are direct, clear and concise in your communication with others. You have a growth mindset, and when things need to get done, you are one of the first to roll up your sleeves and get to work!
About the Role
We are seeking someone who is passionate about impacting the next generation while working in a Montessori environment where everyone knows each other. Under your direction, you will collaborate with all staff and board members in a shared leadership model that focuses on maximizing individuals’ skills year-to-year. Your leadership will be critical in all aspects of the school including curriculum development, long-term strategic planning, recruiting & retaining students/families and staff, building community awareness, financial administration, and assisting with fund development.
What Success Looks Like
Our staff members continue to be excited to come to work and are long-term employees. School enrollment continues to grow. Students are enabled to think independently and problem-solve. Alumni are prepared for the next educational step. Parents feel well-connected and informed. Fund development continues to enable long-term viability and growth of the school.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Character Traits
- An understanding of, and appreciation for, the Montessori educational philosophy
- Implement & manage an operating budget
- Recruit, develop, supervise, evaluate, & retain quality school staff
- Strong communication skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Form trusting relationship with school staff and parents
- Maintain Montessori curriculum that adheres to AMS standards
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Hold or obtain the administrator level Montessori certification, which can be completed after being named head of school, in order for the school to maintain its American Montessori Society (AMS) certification
Preferred Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
- Montessori administrator certification, MMTTC or Seton or other MACTE approved program
- Identify, create & submit grants/proposal
- Montessori experience and Montessori teaching certification(s)
- Teaching experience
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Montessori Private Academy does not discriminate based on race, religion, sex or national origin.